Looking for a fresh main dish salad that comes together in a snap? We’ve got you covered. This is an irresistible combination of crunchy almonds, sweet shrimp, and mellow fennel that will have everyone asking for seconds. And the leftovers—if there are any—make for a delish, ready-to-go lunch the next day. Perfect!
What you need
1 pound large shrimp (16-20), peeled and deveined1/2 cup Tessemae’s Honey BalsamicCoarse salt and freshly ground black pepper1 small red onion, thinly sliced2 heads Boston bibb lettuce, chopped and washed1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cored and very thinly sliced¼ cup parsley leaves¼ cup golden raisins ⅓ cup sliced almonds
What to do
- Stir together the shrimp, ¼ cup Honey Balsamic, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; marinate at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Place the red onion in a small bowl and cover with ice water let stand at least 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Arrange the fennel, parsley and raisins on a large serving platter and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add almonds to skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden and toasted. Remove almonds to the serving platter and wipe out the skillet.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat and add shrimp to pan in a single layer. Cook shrimp about 1-2 minutes per side or until cooked through. Add shrimp and the drained onions to the salad. Serve, drizzles with the remaining ¼ cup Honey Balsamic over top.