Here we go everybody—Tessemae's is partnering up with Whole30 to do another company wide #SeptemberWhole30 starting September 4! We've got a whole slew of new Whole30 recipes coming your way this month. This bison burger recipe is definitely one that you'll revisit after you've completed the program.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
¼ cup Tessemae’s Cracked Pepper
2 tablespoons chopped oregano
2 teaspoons chopped mint
2 teaspoons chopped basil
1 pound ground bison
1 tablespoon ghee or grass-fed butter
4 shallots, quartered
4 heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
What you do
- Stir together Cracked Pepper, oregano, mint basil and ½ teaspoon salt. Stir half of herb mixture into ground bison and form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add ghee to pan. Add burgers to pan and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium. Remove burgers from pan and stir in shallots.
- Cook shallots, stirring often to pan, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss tomatoes and olives with remaining herb mixture.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves, top each with the cooked shallots and serve alongside the tomato salad.