Check out this amazing muffin recipe to bake up on Sunday and enjoy all week long! We love how it's packed with lots of healthy stuff like apple, carrot, raisins, walnuts, and yes, even our own paleo-friendly mayonnaise!
About 16 muffins
What you need
1 cup pitted dates
1 cup hot water
½ cup walnuts, toasted
½ cup shredded coconut, toasted
2 cups almond flour
½ cup raisins
1 small apple
1 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup honey
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
What you do
- Cover dates with hot water and soak; set aside.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with liners or oil lightly.
- Place coconut and walnuts in your food processor bowl and pulse until finely chopped; remove to a bowl and stir in almond flour, raisins, carrots, apple, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Drain the dates, reserving 1/4 cup of the water. Add dates and reserved water to food processor and process until smooth. Add honey, mayonnaise, and egg to food processor and process until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to walnut mixture in mixing bowl; stir until well blended, then divide among muffin liners so each is about ¾ full (about ¼ cup each).
- Bake at 350 for 20-23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center tests clean. Cool muffin tin for 5 minutes on a wire rack, then run a thin knife around each indent and turn muffins out; cool completely before devouring.