This smooth and creamy soup has all the flavors of fall, plus coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice for a delicious twist!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 white onion, halved and chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 14 oz can coconut milk
1 14 can pure pumpkin puree
4 cups chicken broth
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 limes, halved
Thai Basil, for serving
What you do
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic. Season with salt and pepper and roast until teder and browned, 35-40 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic over medium. Add onion and cook until tender 3-5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and roasted sweet potatoes.
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin, chicken broth and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup until smooth. Once it’s blended, return to a boil and adjust the consistency with more broth, salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice. Serve with Thai Basil.