This classic salad gets an update with our Honey Poppyseed, fresh ahi tuna, and sesame seeds. Fancy enough for a Summer dinner party and easy enough for a weeknight.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 pound peewee potatoes or new potatoes
1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
3 cups arugula
3 large roma tomatoes, halved and cut into wedges
4 large eggs
12 oz ahi tuna
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, plus more for serving
8 tablespoons Tessemae’s Poppyseed Dressing
coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
What you do
- Slice your peewee potatoes in half. Place in a large saucepan abd cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; reduce heat to medium high. Carefully lower eggs into the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes 15 seconds. Immediately transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water; set aside.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Place asparagus on a sheet pan and toss with half the oil, salt and pepper. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Coat the ahi tuna in the remaining oil, then press on sesame seeds. Heat a large skillet over medium high. Add the tuna and sear until browned on each side, about 30 seconds on each side. Set aside.
- Assemble your salad: Halve the eggs, slice the tuna, and arrange everything over the arugula. Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and serve with Honey Poppyseed.