Thai Tom Yum Soup
Cozy up to a big bowl of this shrimp and noodle soup. The subtle spice and bright flavors are perfect this time of year!
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 Thai chili, thinly sliced
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 2 bundles udon noodles
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 cups vegetable, chicken, or shrimp broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted chili paste or tom yum paste (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- lime juice and cilantro, for serving
- Heat Lemon Garlic in a large saucepan over medium. Add onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add lemon grass, Thai chili and oyster mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the udon noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Add broth, kaffir lime leaves, sugar, fish sauce, and chili paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes more. Stir in noodles and serve hot, with lime juice and cilantro.