Looking to be apart of Tessemae's Team?!
Here's why we started the brand..
WE ARE HIRING!!!
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Sales Representative
Available positions: NYC/Philly, Pittburgh/Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, FL
A Field Sales Representative (FSR) is responsible for general merchandising and in-store selling duties at store level. This role is designed to maximize sales and customer service through effective route and initiative planning, and in-store servicing. A major objective of this role is to establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, as well as regional/produce specialist while providing outstanding customer service to the extent of resetting displays and auditing the quality product on the shelf.
- Act as point person on all Tessemae’s merchandising responsibilities within an assigned region/territory/market
- Establish and maintain business relationships with supermarket personnel including Produce Managers, Regional Specialists and corporate buying influences
- Rotate through entire territory while focusing on top 200 stores within assigned territory to ensure proper placement and presentation of Tessemae’s products
- Conduct general merchandising duties at store level; duties include but are not limited to placement of POS materials, installing glide racks, resetting displays (potentially adjusting shelves), rolling-out new chains or products, implementing secondary displays, and conducting market research projects
- Establish and complete weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and accomplish set performance metrics
- Regular communication and reporting to Merchandising Representative, team, RegionalSales Managers, & consumers
- Supports Tessemae’s Sales Managers. Relay special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes, and communicate any sales issues/objectives.
- Direct and manage a Demo Product Specialist team (1099 employees); tasks include executing demos that meet sales requirements through effective hiring, training, scheduling, and terminating of personnel
- Create and Implement business advancing projects for all chains in the territory to increase awareness of new products, limit out of stocks, inform & educate Produce Manager of TPRs, Ads, Shopper Marketing Initiatives, new innovation sampling, etc.
- Daily reporting of activities through Go-Spot Check
- Analyze and use sales, scan, Spins (IRI or Nielsen) data for business advancement
- The scope of the Field Sales Representative will change based on business needs and market trends
Senior Innovation Project Manager (PMP required) - Baltimore
The Tessemae’s Senior Innovation Project Manager is accountable for the scope, schedule, cost, quality, risk, communication and management for all innovation launches at Tessemae’s All Natural. Critical deliverables for the Senior Innovation Project Manager will be leading a cross functional project team through all stage gate deliverables on time and within cost targets. This position will report directly into the COO and will act as the executive liaison for all new initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Desired Skills & Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
Regional Sales Manager
Location: Texas, Kansas City, or St. Louis Preferred
The Region Sales Manager will report to, and work closely with the Region Vice President to obtain new customers while managing current accounts within a specific regional area. Responsible to maintain relationships with and call on various customer headquarters and divisional offices. While the VP is the lead generator (Hunter) for new accounts, the Region Sales Manager will also call on potential accounts within the region. The primary responsibility of the Region Sales Manager (Farmer) will be to cultivate new and already obtained accounts. Scope of responsibility to include driving revenue and profit. This position will be backup for the Region VP and is a potential backfill. In other words, this will be the number two position for one third of the companies’ customer base for North America.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated sales skills from past employment that is customer facing at division, region, or corporate level. This position will have large responsibility for customer contact at multiple levels in-order to enhance the ability to sell Tessemae’s products and services.
- Able to set promotional calendars and planners at various levels of any given chain within the region. Will have (within established guidelines) authority to set promotions, sales prices, and store level deals. Will work closely with the Region VP to drive sales volume.
- Depending on region, may work with outside brokers to help drive performance with various chain store customers.
- Able to understand and set margin/profit goals by chain in-order to drive revenue and obtain profit goals and objectives for Tessemae’s.
- Must have strong analytical skills in-order to review SKU movement, promotional performance, budgets/goals, and new product introduction. Ability to quickly understand customer margin goals and objectives to be able to match with company guidelines. Additionally, will be provided data from various corporate positions and must be able to discern and understand how to utilize in-order to explain externally and internally.
- Strong ability to help set forecasting by chain within the region, both for filling a pipeline as well as maintaining on-going sales, with sales being defined as on and off promotion.
- Must be skilled and confident to make recommendations to maximize fact based selling techniques with customers to grow market share, revenue, profits and margins.
- Will often act as a conduit between chain buyers and Tessemae’s marketing and sales department for various ideas and promotions. To include consumer driven initiatives, product demonstrations, consumer pull/pulse programs (coupons, digital offers, customer loyalty offers, etc.) Must always be looking for opportunities to drive consumer awareness.
- Must be able to travel within the regional territory 40% to 50% Travel will consist of air and car.
- While this position currently does not have any direct reports, it may be asked to coordinate and guide duties of various local Field Sales Representatives.
- Will be responsible for various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Will work closely with Region VP to provide needed data/information both internally and externally, with a keen understanding of confidentiality. Additionally, will work with Region VP to conduct various reviews with customers.
- Must be able to work with various chain stores offices in-order to set Plan-O-Grams with the idea of a complete understanding of the category. The desire is to be viewed by the chain stores as an expert in dressing/condiment space.
- Will conduct and participate in various trade and food shows that may align with current or prospective customers. Maybe two to three per year on average.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground between Tessemae’s and various customers.
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced constantly changing environment that values a results-driven and entrepreneurial environment. Able to be flexibly but organized. Must be able to multi-task.
- Understanding and ability to maintain Tessemae’s confidential and proprietary information.
- Must operate with the highest ethics and integrity at-all-times with a strong work ethic.
- At all times maintain a laser focus on customer/consumer service while helping to drive revenue and profit.
- Strong communication skills required at multiple levels both in the spoken and written word. Able to communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Must operate as an out-of-the-box thinker. Able to make suggestions for improvement. Must also have an ability to connect the dots while looking at the big picture of goals and objectives for both customer base and Tessemae’s.
- Must be able to utilize home residence as base of operation. Tessemae’s is open to numerous home locations within the regional territory. Will vary by region.
- Must have strong hardware/software ability, i.e. PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. The position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interaction with others in meetings and/or via phone. A strong mental ability to stay focused and manage multiple projects and customers. An ability to handle stress and meet deadlines, while staying calm and flexible. Must be able to fly and drive to various territories within the region. Able to travel 40% to 50% of your time. Strong verbal skills are needed and ability to interact face-to-face with various levels of chain store personnel up to chain headquarters. Mentally must be able to be interrupted and get back on task while handling multiple situations.
Bachelor’s degree required or a demonstrated combination of college courses and sales/analytical experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile sales data for planning and reporting purposes. Three to five years of experience required. SKU rationalization a strong plus. Understanding/experience in produce and logistically planning of produce a strong plus.
Tessemae’s is an equal opportunity employer
Position: Director, Culinary Center R&D
Location: Baltimore, MD
Tessemae’s is looking for a talented and experienced chef to join our R&D team. This position will be responsible for overseeing Culinary Development and strategy for our Culinary Center including, recipe ideation, testing, training, implementation, and maintaining the highest standard of quality.
This individual will travel with the Tessemae’s Sales team to our key Culinary Center partners and work collaboratively with them to develop and execute new programs and innovation.
This is a chance to join an exciting team with a massive market and growth opportunity. The right person has an incredible attention to detail, is excited to try new things and experiment with food ideas while drawing on experiences and techniques developed through their career.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- 6+ years experience working in R&D, Test Kitchens, restaurants, or catering
- Exceptional cooking techniques
- Immersion in current food trends and ability to foresee emerging trends
- Flexibility to travel frequently
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal form
- Organized and efficient with information
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Strong organizational skills and time management – excellent at multi-tasking, coordinating and prioritizing.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills, proactive and solution-oriented.
- Commitment to teamwork, great work ethic and positive attitude
- Culinary center program development and implementation
- Recipe documentation and training materials for culinary center employees
- Sales presentations and tasting to showcase innovation for key customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The individual is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This individual will be required to travel and must be able to do so when needed, with little notice.