Grilling season officially starts Memorial Day weekend! Rise above overcooked burgers with rubbery yellow cheese and try one of our amazing recipes. Serve 'em on lettuce or buns - with our grill pack as your secret weapon- you'll have a happy crowd no matter what!
What you need
8 thick slices bacon
1 1/4 pounds ground pork
½ cup Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce
coarse salt and black pepper
1 granny smith apple
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Honey Mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
lettuce leaves or burger buns, for serving
What to do
- Cook the bacon in large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Heat your grill or girllpan to medium-high. Mix the pork with ¼ cup Matty’s BBQ sauce. Divide the pork into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece in to a thin, flat patty. (Please do not make hockey pucks that will swell up to baseballs during cooking!) Keep them an even thickness from the center to the edge. Season all over, generously, with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties until just cooked through, about 4 minutes a side. Do not flip them over if they are sticking, cook a little longer on the first side until they un-stick, then cook a little less on the second side. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce over each patty in the last minute of cooking.
- While the burgers grill, shred the apple on an Inspirilizer or box grater. Mix the apple with the Honey Mustard and parsley. Serve the burgers on lettuce or buns with the bacon and slaw.