Last Update: 8/22/23 12:34 PM EST
General Statement of Principles
Children Under the Age of 16 - Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the website. If you are under the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on our Website. We expect the use of our Services will be accessed and chaperoned by a parent. We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 16 without proper consent, we will delete that information. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who has provided us with their personal information, you may contact us using the contact details set out below to request that it be deleted.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, for example, when you visit our site, place an order, fill out forms, become a subscriber, or request to receive updates. This information may include personal information that can be used to identify you. Personal information as used in this Policy includes sensitive personal information. Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information within the past twelve months:
We collect Identifiers, such as, for example,
- Basic contact details including your name, address, phone number, email.
- Order information including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, phone number.
- Account information including your username, password, security questions.
- Shopping information including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services. We use this information for the following business purposes: (a) auditing/assessing your interaction with us and assessing your concurrent transaction, including counting ad impressions and verifying quality of ad impressions; (b) performing business services, such as, for example, customer service, order fulfillment, payment processing, financing and advertising, marketing, and/or analytic services; (c) undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; or other operational or business purposes. We retain this information until you request deletion of your personal information (and there is no legal or business requirement for us to continue to maintain your information), for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Policy or any other notice provided at the time of data collection, or as required or permitted under applicable law. For the uses described above, this information is not disclosed to any third party.
We collect Personal Information (e.g., categories of personal information listed in the Customer Records Statute Section 1798.80(e)), such as, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, and credit or debit card number if you place an order with us. (Note: some information in this category may overlap with other categories). We collect this information directly from you. We use this information for the following business purposes: (a) performing business services, such as, for example, customer service, order fulfillment, payment processing, financing and advertising, marketing, and/or analytic services; or (b) other operational or business purposes, such as to fill open employment positions. We retain this information until you request deletion of your personal information (and there is no legal or business requirement for us to continue to maintain your information), for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Policy or any other notice provided at the time of collection, or as required or permitted under applicable law. This information is not disclosed to any third party.
We collect Commercial Information, such as, for example, records of products purchased or considered purchasing. We collect this information directly from you and from your device. We use this information for performing services on behalf of the business such as, for example, customer service, order fulfillment, subscription management, payment processing, financing and advertising, marketing, or analytic services. We retain this information until you request deletion of your personal information (and there is no legal or business requirement for us to continue to maintain your information), for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Policy or any other notice provided at the time of collection, or as required or permitted under applicable law. This information is not disclosed to any third party.
We collect Internet or other similar activity, such as for example, your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Website, advertisements and social media. We collect this information using our own and third-party technologies (e.g., cookies) as well as information provided from social media through your specific interactions (for example if you participate in certain of our campaigns, programs, or surveys or feedback mechanisms) and from your social media profile (including your age, gender, your city and country). We use this information and tools to provide a more personalized shopping experience for you, to allow us to provide you with relevant information when you return or use our Website or social media, to understand what information was accessed, to understand your location, and for our marketing and analytical purposes, including to determine what ads or ad campaigns are effective and how we can improve our products and product offerings. We permit third parties to collect information on our websites using such technologies for retargeting ads and marketing in such third party platforms (such as, for example, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Meta, Trade Desk and Tiktok). You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising by: (i) clicking on the Ad Choices icon (please see youradchoices.com); (ii) for advertisers that are a part of the National Advertising Initiative (please see National Advertising Initiative); (iii) for advertisers that follow the Digital Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (please see WebChoices: Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Tool for Web US (aboutads.info). Some websites, such as Facebook, offer their own opt-out methods and you can refer to those websites for additional information. Note, however, to opt-out of interest-based advertising, cookies must be enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies, such as, for example, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari). Opting-out will only apply to your current web browser on your current device. If you use multiple devices, you will need to opt-out on each device. Also, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt-out again.
We collect Geolocation data directly from you and from your device, such as, for example, when you insert your city or zip code to find where we are located near you, when you enter your address for product delivery, or when your location is captured through your IP Address relating to certain of our advertising and marketing campaigns (as explained in the previous paragraph). We may also use this information for performing services on behalf of the business or its service provider, such as customer service, payment processing, financing and advertising, marketing, or analytic services or for other operational or business purposes, such as to fill open employment positions. The information is retained until you request deletion of your personal information (and there is no legal or business requirement for us to continue to maintain your information), for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes set forth in this Policy or any other notice provided at the time of collection, or as required or permitted under applicable law.
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for any purpose other than to: (i) provide the goods or services; (ii) to prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents; (iii) to resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal actions directed at us, including to prosecute those responsible for such actions; (iv) to ensure the physical safety of persons; (v) short-term transient use (e.g., nonpersonalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with the business, where that personal information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile about the consumer or otherwise alter the consumer’s experience outside the current interaction of the business); (vi) to perform services on behalf of the business (e.g., maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage): (vii) to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, or controlled by us, or to improve, upgrade or enhance such service or device; (viii) for purposes that do not infer characteristics about a consumer.
Additional Uses of Information
We may also use and disclose your personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize your experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Website. We may also use your information to remember your preferences and personalize your Website experience.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including when you fill out a form requesting information from us.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, and databases and other technology assets and to detect, prevent, or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues.
- To protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- In corporate transactions, we may share your information with a potential buyer or other successor to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (“transaction”), whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users or customers is among the assets being transferred, which may occur prior to consummation of such transaction.
If you are submitting information on behalf of a third party, we expect that you have received appropriate consent, according to applicable privacy laws, before transferring any personal information to us.
We will not collect additional categories of information or use the information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your State Privacy Rights
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive and private data information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is encrypted.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Tessemae's LLC. does not sell or trade your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may release your information to our subsidiaries and affiliates and to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Tessemae's assets. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
PO Box 38438
Baltimore, Maryland 21231
Effective Date: January 9, 2023
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a resident of California or Virginia, privacy regulations provide you with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes those rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Accessing Your Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information since January 1, 2022, including beyond the 12 month period preceding your request, unless doing so would involve disproportionate effort or is not possible. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing that personal information;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose that personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- If we sold, shared, or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose;
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Requesting Deletion of Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and notify our service providers and contractors to delete, [and to the extent possible and within reasonable efforts, notify any third parties to whom we have sold or shared your personal information to delete]) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated by you within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Help to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Coe § 1546 et seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research that conforms or adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the ability to complete such research, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us and compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Right to Correct Information
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information that we have about you. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct any inaccurate information and we will instruct our service providers or any contractors to correct such information. We will also inform you whether or not we have complied with your request, including any basis for denial of the request.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Correction and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, correction, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Only you, or a person registered with the appropriate governmental authority that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification of identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include your name and email address;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact email@example.com or 855.698.3773.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance, which may include either a screen shot of the information or a pdf.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information at any time (the "right to opt-out"). To exercise the right to opt-out, including the right to opt out of the processing of your personal information for purposes of targeted advertising, you, or your authorized representative, may submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your First Name, Last Name, Email Address and confirmation of the state in which you reside.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least 12 months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to sharing personal information by filling out a form with the requested information and submitting that form.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use your personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under any applicable privacy regulation. In particular, unless permitted under the law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We reserve the right to change this Policy. If we decide to make changes, we will post the updated policy on our Website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and the circumstances, if any, we disclose it. The date this Rights Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our website and the Policy to check for any changes. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes acceptance of such changes. Where required by applicable data protection laws, we will also seek your consent to any material changes that affect how we use your information.
If you need help with unsubscribing, or have questions regarding this Rights Policy, the ways in which we collect, share, and use your information as described in this Policy, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under the law, please contact us at:
PO BOX 38438
Baltimore, MD 21231