Happy Sunday! I'm back again and we've made it through Week 2! Tomorrow marks our halfway point. I don't know about you all, but I was a little doubtful that I had the willpower to even make it this far. My food choices are getting easier and I'd like to think that I'm a little less whiney at this point when my coworkers leave without me to go get pizza. To me, it would be a waste to turn back at this point. I've made it this far! Why did I put myself through those headaches on Day 2 and 3 if I was just going to ruin at all for a slice of pizza??
I love seeing everyone's grocery hauls, so I thought I would share with you some of the products that have gotten me through the last 15 days.
1. Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage - This product is the working girl's best friend. On the days I don't feel like dinner, I chop one of these guys up and throw it on a baking sheet with onions and peppers and roast away. On the weekend when I feel like treating myself to a big brunch, I fry two eggs and serve next to one of these guys. Something about the flavor is just perfect for breakfast OR dinner!
2. Grillo's Pickles - I love ANYTHING pickled. Pickles are my weakness. I still have secret dreams of starting my own pickle business. But it looks like I don't need to because these guys are doing it right. When I get a craving for salty one of these does the trick. And the ingredients are SO simple.
3. Nutpods - No Whole30 shopping list would be complete without Nutpods, am I right? For good reason. I was using a Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk, but these guys give that little extra flavor I was looking for with the vanilla. And they're on Amazon!
4. 5280 Meats Fresh Pork Side - If you are having a hard time finding sugar free bacon, I highly recommend ordering from 5280 Meats! They offer a nitrate free, sugar free, Fresh Pork Side that will satisfy your bacon craving. Yes, you have to pay for shipping, but why not stock up on a bunch of high quality poultry and pork products that you can trust? They also make a compliant chorizo that is to die for!
5. Larabars - I know this one is a touchy subject. I had tried a chocolate flavored one a coworker gave to me and to be honest, did not care for that flavor. But I had heard rave reviews, so into my Amazon cart the pack of W30 approevd minis went. These are great to stash under my desk when my stomach starts growling in a meeting and I don't feel too guilty since they are minis! Apple Pie is my favorite flavor.
6. Bubba's Fine Foods Righteous Ranch Snack Mix - Here comes another controversial one. Some of you may qualify this as a "snack", and snacking is off limits on the Whole30. This is where I made my own decision. To me, these were not SWYPO. Banana chips do not send me into a downward spiral. They're no potato chip. This brand makes amazing gluten free, dairy free, grain free, paleo and vegan snack and trail mixes. This one was another Amazon find. Will definitely be ordering again.
7. PRE Brands New York Strip Steak - I don't cook steak regularly, so I don't claim to be some cast iron cooking expert. However, PRE brand steaks come in an easy-to-store vacuum sealed bag with an easy-to-follow instruction card. I followed the instructions and ended up with a steak that could rival Ruth Chris. I was pretty impressed with myself.
8. Justin's Almond Butter - I have been a fan of Justin's for a long time. From a marketing perspective I always loved the story and the packaging. From a hungry girl perspective - it's just downright delicious. My favorite way to eat Justin's is warmed up, drizzled over slices of apple as a side for my lunch. YUM!
9. Trader Joe's Ghee - This one is a basic. Tons of Whole30 recipes call for it and I wasn't sure there was a way to get around not using it. My local Harris Teeter didn't carry ghee, so I ordered this guy off Amazon.
10. All the Tessemae's - You probably knew this one was coming. But it's true. I used the mayo to hold my protein salad together. I used Chesapeake mayo to spice up my second batch of protein salad. I used Dijon almost every night either smeared on a hard boiled egg, or to dip my Aidell's in. Hot Buffalo is my fried egg's best friend. Lemon Chesapeake to marinate my shrimp. Creamy Ranch for... well.. all occasions. And our pouches saved me for those occasions when I HAD to eat out.
I hope you enjoyed this list! Tell me about your favorites in the comments! Here's to a strong start to Week 3!