Bringing a healthy, homemade lunch to work everyday may seem daunting, but with our tips and a little organization, it’s easy! The key is planning ahead. Carve a little time out of your day on Sunday to prep the food and set yourself up for the week. Just follow our steps below… it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
1) On Sunday:
Cook or Prep 5 days worth of protein:
• chicken, salmon or lean beef
• canned tuna or sliced turkey
• tofu, chickpeas, edamame
2) On Sunday:
Cook or Prep 5 days worth of greens and veggies:
• cut and wash greens, place in a plastic bag with a paper towel
• shred cabbage, carrots, or bell peppers
• roast sweet potatoes or squash, steam broccoli
3) At night before bed:
Combine your components into a salad, wrap, or fold into cooked grains:
• protein + greens + veggies
• toppings: dried fruit, seeds, nuts, or cheese
• Keep a bottle of your favorite Tessemae’s Dressings at work and pour it on!