These veggie loaded tacos are a great alternative for Meatless Monday, or any day of the week! We added cremini mushrooms for rich flavor and black beans for protein. Our Vegan Ranch brings all the toppings together with that classic ranch flavor!
What you need- Quick Pickled Onion:
- ½ red onion
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon salt
What you need- Tacos:
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Garlic
- 5 ounces cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Vegan Ranch (Find at your local Wholefoods Market) or sub for Creamy Ranch
What to do
- Quick Pickle the onion: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to overnight.
- Cook the filling: In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic over medium high. Add the cremini mushrooms and cook, without tossing, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in another tablespoon of Lemon Garlic, then the garlic, jalapeno, black beans and cumin, season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring, until heated through. Add another Tablespoon Lemon Garlic and remove from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas: If you have gas burners, char them directly over the flame, using tongs to turn. If you have electric, warm them in a skillet or on a grill pan. Wrap the tortillas in foil or a tea towel as you go to keep them warm.
- Serve tacos with avocado, shredded cabbage, limes, cilantro, and Vegan Ranch.