Cosmic Grilled Cheese
Bet you thought Grilled Cheese couldn't get any better! Enter: Tessemae's x Jerry Garcia Cosmic Jerry Sauce to spice up a classic.
MAKES 2 SANDWICHES
What you need4 slices best quality sandwich bread
4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
1 cup (4 ounces )sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) gruyere cheese
2 slices ripe summer tomato, optional
¼ cup Cosmic Jerry Sauce
½ cup bread and butter pickles
What you do
- Lay 2 slices of bread down on a cutting board and spread top of each with about 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat a griddle or large cast-iron skillet to medium-low. Place both slices of bread in the skillet, butter side down.
- Top 1 slice of bread with the cheddar 1 slice with the Gruyere. Cook until the bread is golden, and the cheese is soft enough that it can flip without falling out, about 3. (If adding tomato, place on top of 2 toasts here.)
- As soon as the cheese is soft, flip one slice onto the other to make a sandwich, and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook until cheese is fully melted. Flip over as needed to prevent over browning on one side.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve with Cosmic Jerry Sauce and pickles on the side.