Thank heavens for frittatas. Cooks up in a snap, and so easy to cut a quick slice for literally any meal. Go ahead and sub in different veggies you have on hand!
Makes 6 servings
What you need
12 large eggs
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces baby arugula
¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Balsamic
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, shredded and squeezed dry in a clean cotton dishtowel
What you do
- Whisk eggs, basil, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; stir in set aside.
- Toss together arugula, olives and 1 tablespoon Balsamic; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Balsamic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Remove onion mixture to bowl with egg mixture.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons Balsamic to pan and stir in shredded potatoes, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Pat potatoes down into an even layer on bottom of pan, then pour egg mixture over top.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook until eggs are set, about 12-14 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Top with arugula mixture and serve.