This Pumpkin Hummus is perfectly creamy, filled with fall spices, and doesn’t require any chickpea peeling or boiling! It comes together quickly & easily in minutes, and it contains a secret ingredient: Tessemae’s Lemon Pepper Pantry Dressing! It adds a touch of tangy lemony flavor to balance the sweetness of the pumpkin and warm spices. We love serving it with a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh sage!
Prep time: 15 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
¾ cup canned pumpkin
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Pepper Dressing
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. pure maple syrup
¾ tsp. salt
freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. cinnamon
⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
2-3 tbsp. ice water
toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh sage leaves, for garnish
pita chips, crackers, and/or carrot sticks for dipping
WHAT YOU DO
- To a food processor, add the chickpeas, pumpkin, tahini, Tessemae’s Lemon Pepper Dressing, olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, salt, a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- With the motor running, stream in the ice water until the hummus gets even creamier, and process for another minute or two, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer hummus to a bowl and garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and sage leaves.
- Serve with pita chips, carrots, and/or crackers of your choice.