Don't throw out the pan! Those turkey drippings are the key to your best gravy yet. Gluten free or Paleo? We have a version here for you too.
Makes 3 cups
- 1 roasting pan with turkey drippings
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup all purpose flour or 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Transfer your turkey from the pan to a serving platter or cutting board. Remove and discard giblets. Place the pan on the stove across two burners, over medium-high heat. Bring drippings to a boil and cook, scraping up the browned bits with a wooden spoon, until thickened and syrupy. Add the wine to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until syrupy, about 8 minutes. Stir in the Slow Roasted Garlic.
- If you are using all purpose flour, stir it in now until smooth. If you are using tapioca flour, just move to the broth.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook, whisking constantly, until flavors meld and liquid is thickened, about 15 minutes. If using the tapioca flour, mix it with a little chicken broth in a small bowl and whisk it into the pan until smooth.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Keep the gravy warm (but not simmering!) and whisk well before serving.