If you need a new reason to love roasted cauliflower, here it is. We roasted it, then buzzed it in a food processor and made it into irresistible cakes with plenty of our own mayo (double yum) stirred in. They disappeared in a flash here–expect the same at your house!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
1 small onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup Tessemae’s Hot Buffalo Sauce
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
3 tablespoons coconut flour
2 cups torn Boston lettuce leaves
1 cup cilantro leaves
½ cup parsley leaves
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemonette
What you do
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place cauliflower and onion on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and toss with Buffalo, salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower for about 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Buzz cauliflower and onion in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Place cauliflower mixture in a bowl and stir in mayonnaise and coconut flour.
- Divide cauliflower into 1/3 cup portions and shape into 4-inch patties; place on a foil-lined baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Broil patties for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, stir together lettuce, herbs and Lemonette and serve alongside cauliflower cakes with plenty more Buffalo sauce.