Southwest Ranch where have you been? It seems like too long since we featured this awesome sauce in a recipe. Our SW Ranch is an easy way to add a kick of spice to your Whole 30 menus!
What you need
1 pound sweet potato chunks (from 2 medium sweet potatoes)
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Southwest Ranch OR Zesty Ranch
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
½ jalapeño pepper, diced
12 ounces skirt steak
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
What to do
- Pre Heat your oven to 450 for the potatoes. Heat your grill to medium-high for the steak. (If you don’t have a grill, use a grill pan or heavy skillet on medium high heat and add about 2 minutes cooking time.)
- Spread the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 3 tablespoons Southwest Ranch and season with salt and pepper. Bake until browned and tender, about 20 minutes. Toss the scallions, jalapeno, and cumin on top and roast 5 more minutes.
- While the potatoes roast, rub the steaks with the Slow Roasted Garlic and season with salt and pepper. (This can be done up to 1 day ahead.)
- Grill the steaks until medium rare, about 4 minutes per side. Let the steak rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the sweet potatoes topped with sliced steak, avocado, cilantro, and the remaining Southwest Ranch.