Snowed in? Warm up with this rich and comforting soup. Hearty enough to be a full meal and easy enough to make on a weeknight.
What you need
1 medium zucchini
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large egg
¼ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 pound ground dark meat turkey
8 cups chicken broth (we love this recipe from Nom Nom!)
1 inch chunk parmesan cheese plus rind (optional)
1 bunch dark greens such as mustard greens, escarole, or kale, cut into bite sized pieces
What to do
- Heat your broiler to high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Grate the zucchini with a microplane of the finest side of a box grater. (You need 1 cup). Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the zucchini, garlic, egg, almond flour, 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Add the turkey and mix until combine (hands work best!).
- The turkey mixture will be very soft and is easiest to form into balls using small a spring loaded ice cream scoop (about 1 heaping tablespoon). Use the scoop, or a tablespoon and a spoon, to form the mixture into about 24 balls on the prepared baking sheet. (See process shots.)
- Place on the baking sheet and broil until browned, about 6 minutes. Meanwhile, bring the broth to a simmer with the parmesan rind and 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the broth, cover and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the greens cover and cook 1 minute. Serve the meatballs and broth topped with shaved parmesan and more Lemon Garlic.