This herb and almond flour coating gets toasted and crunchy in the oven, while the fish stays tender and juicy underneath. We added a double portion of fresh, asparagus tossed in our Lemon Garlic. Both cook in the same oven, making this a super easy, fast, (and mess free) weeknight meal! (PS: We call this "fish sticks" and the resident toddlers went nuts for it!)
What you need
2 bunches asparagus
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
4 filets cod or halibut (6 ounces each)
2 whole lemons
½ cup almond flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons Tessemaes Avocado Ranch, plus more for serving
What to do
- Heat your oven to 425. Divide the oven racks in the upper an lower third of your oven (you will need two racks).
- Trim the ends off of the asparagus (see tip below). On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss asparagus with the Lemon Garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Zest both of the lemons into a bowl. Stir in the almond flour, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Line another large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Arrange the fish on the baking sheet and pat dry with paper towel. Equally spread the Avocado Ranch over the top of each filet.
- Divide the almond mixture and pat the mixture down into the Avocado Ranch on each filet until it sticks.
- Place both the asparagus and fish in the oven. Roast until the fish is cooked through and the asparagus is browned and tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve fish filets with asparagus, lemon wedges and Avocado Ranch for dipping.
Tip: To figure out where to trim the asparagus stems, snap off the end. Wherever it snaps by hand is a good guess of where the tough fibers end. Cut the rest of the bunch to the same length.