This is the burger for when you're feeling just a little wild. It's for when you want juicy grilled pineapple and spicy mayo running down your fingers, and you are prepared to use 4 napkins. We recommend eating outside and washing it down with an adult beverage.
What you need
1 1/4 pounds ground beef (80-85% lean)
1/2 cup Tessemae’s Teriyaki
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 thick pineapple slices, cored
4 thick slices red onion
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Mayo
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 scallion, finely chopped
lettuce leaves and or buns, for serving
What to do
- Heat your grill or girllpan to medium-high. Mix the beef with ¼ cup Teriyaki and the Slow Roasted Garlic. Divide the beef into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece in to a thin, flat patty. (Please do not make hockey pucks that will swell up to baseballs during cooking!) Keep them an even thickness from the center to the edge. Season all over, generously, with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties about 3 minutes a side for medium. Do not flip them if they are sticking, cook a little longer on the first side until they un-stick, then cook a little less on the second side. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of Teriyaki sauce over each patty in the last minute of cooking.
- Grill the pineapple and red onion slides until tender and charred, truing once, about 6 minutes.
- While the burgers grill, stir together Mayonnaise, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, and scallions. Serve the burgers on lettuce or buns with the pineapple, red onion, and sauce.