Did you get your Grill Pack yet? This is the burger to make you believe in turkey burgers. We loved it with lettuce as the bun, which means our version is both Paleo and Whole 30 compliant. Yup. You're welcome.
What you need
1 1/4 pounds ground dark meat turkey (93/7)
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Buffalo
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups shredded broccoli (store bought, or hand shred stalks)
¼ cup Tessemae's Mayonnaise
1 avocado, halved, pitted and slicedlettuce leaves or burger buns, for serving
What to do
- Heat your grill or girllpan to medium-high. Mix the turkey with 2 tablespoons Buffalo and 1 tablespoon Slow Roasted Garlic. Divide the turkey into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece in to a thin, flat patty. (Please do not make hockey pucks that will swell up to baseballs during cooking!) Keep them an even thickness from the center to the edge. Season all over, generously, with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties until cooked through, about 5 minutes a side. Do not flip them if they are sticking, cook a little longer on the first side until they un-stick, then cook a little less on the second side.
- Transfer the burgers to a plate and pour 4 tablespoons Buffalo over top. Turn the burgers to coat in the sauce.
- While the burgers cook, mix the broccoli slaw with the Caesar or Mayo. Serve the burgers on lettuce or buns with the avocado and slaw.