Chicken nuggets will never be the same. A quick marinade in our French Vinaigrette plus honey mustard to dip? Amazing. Since it's back to school season, this recipe has two serving ideas. One easy and fun to eat with your hands for kids, and a light arugula salad for the grown ups.
What you Need
For the Nuggets:
4, 8 ounce chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
½ cup Tessemae’s French
2 cups all purpose flour (or coconut flour)
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
½ cup coconut oil
For the Plates & Salad:
Tessemae’s Honey Mustard
, for dipping
cucumber slicesTessemae’s French,
What to do
- Toss the chicken pieces with the French. Let marinate at least 15 minutes and up to one day.
- In a shallow dish, stir together the flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dredge the nuggets in the flour a few at a time. Shake off any excess flour, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium until shimmering.
- Cook the nuggets in 4 batches, until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer each batch to a paper towel lined plate after cooking and sprinkle with salt
- If needed, empty the oil and add the remaining oil halfway through.
- Serve the nuggets with honey mustard, cucs and carrots, or with the arugula salad.