We heart Cappellos pasta! Listen, everyone is just trying to stay balanced after our company wide January Whole30... and the craving for pasta is real. Cappellos + easy pesto made with our Lemon Garlic is the answer. Enjoy!
What you need
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
1/3 cup walnut halves
1 garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
18 ounces Cappellos Fettuccini
4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each), optional
What to do
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook just until bright green, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Place half of the cooked broccoli in the bowl of a food processor. Add the basil, walnuts, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Puree until smooth.
- With the processor running, add the Cracked Pepper until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a little water to thin.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to the pot and stir in the pesto and reserved broccoli florets. Stir in some of the pasta water to loosen if needed.
- If topping with salmon: place salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and broil until just cooked through 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over pasta.