Almond Pasta with Broccoli Pesto
We heart Cappellos pasta! Listen, everyone is just trying to stay balanced after our company wide January Whole30... and the craving for pasta is real. Cappellos + easy pesto made with our Lemon Garlic is the answer. Enjoy!
What you need
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
1/3 cup walnut halves
1 garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
18 ounces Cappellos Fettuccini
4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each), optional
What to do
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the broccoli florets and cook just until bright green, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Place half of the cooked broccoli in the bowl of a food processor. Add the basil, walnuts, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Puree until smooth.
- With the processor running, add the Cracked Pepper until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a little water to thin.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta water. Return pasta to the pot and stir in the pesto and reserved broccoli florets. Stir in some of the pasta water to loosen if needed.
- If topping with salmon: place salmon fillets on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and broil until just cooked through 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over pasta.