Layered Greek Salad with Marinated Feta
We loved the article in this month's BA about marinating feta. This rich, sheep's milk cheese is a Tesse favorites. Guess what our secret marinade is? Our amazingly flavorful Lemon Garlic! We added the awesome combo to this layered mason jar salad and the results were insane. You HAVE to try it!
What you need12 ounces chicken tenders, cut crosswise into 1 inch pieces
9 tablespoons Tessemae's Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
½ cup cubed feta cheese
¼ cup pitted olives
¼ cup diced roasted red peppers
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced crosswise
2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
2 cups baby spinach
What to do
- Marinate the chicken in 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium high. Add the marinated chicken and cook, tossing, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Let cool.
- Assemble the salads in 2 wide mouth quart size mason jars. First layer the Feta, olives, and red pepper. Drizzle 3 tablespoons Lemon Garlic into each jar.
- Top with the cooked chicken, celery, cucumber, then spinach. Top with lids and refrigerate, up to 3 days.
- To serve, invert salads into bowls or plates and enjoy!