Avocado & Salmon Bowl
Hey, why not assemble this beauty of a bowl for a quick and easy dinner tonight? It comes together in a snap—just do all your chopping while your salmon is marinating and roasting, then assemble and devour.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
1/2 cup Tessemae's Soy Ginger or Sesame Ginger, plus additional for drizzling
4 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise and rinsed
1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 cups shredded green cabbage
2 avocados, sliced
1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
1 package (0.18 ounces) seaweed snacks
1 cup cooked brown rice (optional)
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
What you do
- In a baking dish, pour ¼ cup of the Sesame or Soy Ginger over the whole salmon fillet. Let marinate at least 30 minutes at room temperature or up to one day refrigerated.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package instructions.
- Heat remaining ¼ cup Sesame or Soy Ginger in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of scallions to pan and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup water to pan along with baby bok choy. Cover and steam bok choy until tender, about 4 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook over medium-high heat until liquid has thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat your broiler to high. Transfer the salmon to a foil lined baking sheet. Broil the salmon, without turning over, until browned and just cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Divide green cabbage between 4 bowls, then top each with bok choy and pan sauce, salmon, avocado slices, cucumber, seaweed sheets, brown rice (if using), and remaining scallions between 4 bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with additional Sesame or Soy Ginger.