BBQ Bacon Chicken Burgers with Veggie Fries
These burgers will make you forget about the super-dry, tough, flavorless chicken burgers of yore. We added lots of flavorful additions—onion, our own BBQ sauce to name a few—to the ground chicken that will put this recipe firmly in the "keepers" file.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick sticks
2 large carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch thick sticks
2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick sticks
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce, plus more for drizzling
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half crosswise
1 pound ground chicken breast
3 tablespoons grated onion
¼ cup almond flour
lettuce leaves, for serving
What you do
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine veggie fries in a large bowl and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the Lemon Garlic, 1 tablespoon of Matty’s BBQ sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss until fries are well coated. Spread into even layers on prepared baking sheets and roast at 425 until tender and browned, about 25 minutes, flipping fries and rotating sheet pans halfway through cook time.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, about 8 minutes, flipping halfway through cook time. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, onion, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons Matty’s BBQ Sauce in a bowl and gently toss to combine. Form into 4 ½-inch thick patties and sprinkle each with more salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of burger patties with almond flour and pat to adhere.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken burgers until browned, about 6 minutes, then flip, cover and reduce heat to medium-low heat. Continue to cook, covered until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Place burgers on lettuce leaves, drizzle with more Matty’s BBQ sauce, top with bacon and serve with fries.