Crazy hectic weeknights, meet your match—this dinner comes together in mere minutes. And with ground bison no less, that's lower in saturated fat than beef?! It's all too much.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 pound ground bison
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ghee or grass-fed butter
6 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 romaine hearts, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips.
1 seedless cucumber, chopped
1 avocado, diced
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch
romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
What you do
- Stir together ground bison and Matty’s BBQ Sauce and form into 4 patties. Sprinkle patties with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron over medium-high heat and add ghee to pan. Add burgers to pan and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side for medium. Remove burgers from pan and set aside.
- While burgers are cooking, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans to pot and cook 2 minutes, Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
- Add green beans to large serving bowl with lettuce, cucumber and avocado. Drizzle with Creamy Ranch.
- Serve salad alongside burgers, using lettuce leaves as buns.