Sweet pineapple is the best addition to these savory beef burgers! And we just could not resist mixing our Mayo and BBQ to make a clean version of "Mayocue"! Its the perfect burger sauce.
What you need
For the Burgers:
1 ¼ pounds ground beef
¼ cup Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
4 thick pineapple slices
Lettuce leave or buns, for serving For the Sauce:
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Mayo
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ
2 scallions, finely chopped
What to do
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high. Mix the beef with Matty’s BBQ and Divide the beef into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece in to a thin, flat patty. (Please do not make hockey pucks that will swell up to baseballs during cooking!) Keep them an even thickness from the center to the edge. Season all over, generously, with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and cook the patties about 3 minutes a side for medium. Do not flip them if they are sticking, cook a little longer on the first side until they un-stick, then cook a little less on the second side.
- Grill the pineapple until charred, truing once, about 4 minutes.
- While the burgers grill, stir together Mayonnaise, BBQ and scallions. Serve the burgers and pineapple on lettuce with the sauce.