Our recipe for fried chicken will blow your mind. Our BBQ marinade adds amazing flavor and our Classic Ranch is the perfect dip. It is worth the effort!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 chicken cut up into 10 pieces (including wings)
¼ cup Tessemae’s BBQ
4 Egg whites, beaten
1 ½ cups all purpose flour or potato flakes*
2-3 cups sunflower oil or coconut oil for frying
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepperTessemae’s Pantry Classic Ranch
, for serving
pickles, for serving
What you do
- Combine chicken and Matty’s BBQ in a bowl. Marinate at least 15 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Beat egg whites in a shallow dish. Place flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken pieces one at a time into egg, turning to coat, then into flour, turning to coat. Transfer chicken pieces to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- If time allows, refrigerate coated chicken up to 4 hours, uncovered. This allows the flour to absorb the moisture and get nice and stuck to the chicken. Even 15 minutes will help!
- In a deep, 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Carefully add 1/2 of the chicken. Cook until deep golden brown on bottom, about 10 minutes. Turn chicken over. Cook until golden brown, and the internal temperature is 165 degrees, about 10 minutes more. Transfer to paper towel lined tray to drain. Season with salt.
- Return oil temperature to 350 degrees. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve chicken hot or cold, with pickles and plenty of Tessemae’s Ranch.
*We tested this recipe using dehydrated potato flakes, it was great!