Just in case you need a new seasonal tomato and/or eggplant recipe, here ya go! We’re cooking these two summery produce picks with our famous Lemon Garlic that contains both organic extra virgin olive AND organic high-oleic sunflower oils. We use a blend because when combined, the oils have a balanced flavor, plus they freeze and solidify at a lower temperature. Perfect!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
8 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons harissa (we like Mina brand)
1/3 cup chopped mint
1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
What you do
- Heat 4 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant to pan and cook, stirring often, until browned, about 6 minutes. Remove eggplant from pan to a bowl and return pan to heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic to pan and add tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in harissa and mint and cook 1 minute. Add tomato mixture to eggplant in bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, core and cut the cauliflower into large chunks. Scoop about half of the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it looks like rice or couscous. Be careful not to over process and make a paste. Transfer to a bowl and continue with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until cauliflower is tender, about 3 minutes. Serve tomato mixture over cauliflower rice.