File this bowl of deliciousness under NEED TO MAKE IMMEDIATELY. Trust us. It's got everything—irresistible crispy chicken, creamy avocado, spicy mayo sauce, crunchy cabbage slaw, and a fresh ginger and garlic combo. **prepares to inhale entire thing**
Please make sure to make this recipe with white rice if this is Day 4 of your Reintroduction!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
3/4 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade)
1 tablespoon Asian chili paste
1 tablespoon rice vinegar1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ small head red cabbage, thinly sliced
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
cooked cauliflower rice or white rice
2 avocados, thinly sliced
1 bunch scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional; please omit if this is Day 4 of your Reintroduction
¼ cup sesame seeds
What you do
- Stir together mayonnaise, chili paste, rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer half of dressing to a bowl and add cabbage; toss to coat and set aside.
- Using kitchen shears, snip bone out of chicken thighs. Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken to pan, skin-side down and cook until deep golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Flip and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Repeat with remaining Lemon Garlic and chicken thighs.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Divide rice, chicken, cabbage, avocado, scallions and peanuts between 4 bowls. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.