Ever hear of Sunday Funday? Well it's a thing, and this recipe is here to educate you on it. Turn on the game (or not), dive into this recipe and end your weekend on a high note.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
3 pounds short ribs
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup Tessemae’s Balsamic
2 tablespoons tomato paste
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 russet potato, scrubbed and cut into ¼-inch-thick rounds
1 sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
What you do
- Combine carrot, celery, onion, ¼ cup Balsamic, tomato paste and salt and pepper in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Place short ribs in Instant Pot or pressure cooker and drizzle carrot mixture over top. Using tongs, toss ribs so that they’re coated in the sauce. Follow Instant Pot directions to cook under high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally (should take about 25 minutes). Make sure ribs are very tender; if not continue to cook another 10 minutes under high pressure.
- Remove short ribs to a platter and cool. Shred meat, drizzling with cooking liquid as needed to keep meat moist.
- While ribs are cooking, Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Toss peppers and potatoes with remaining ½ cup Balsamic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill peppers and potatoes until browned. Top potatoes with grilled peppers, shredded ribs, then sprinkle with parsley.