Looking for an awesome recipe for game day?! We got you covered with this delicious and versatile chili. Big bonus, it's Whole30 compliant. If you are still working through re-introduction, top it with whichever food group you need! Legumes? Try black beans! Dairy? Add some cheese! You get the idea!
2 pounds ground beef, bison, or dark meat turkey
2 medium onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 fresh jalapeno chiles, ribs and seeds removed for less heat, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 bottle Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ
1 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes in puree
1 small butternut squash, diced (4 cups)
Tessemae’s Cilantro Lime Ranch, fresh cilantro leaves, diced avocado, diced, bell pepper, and sliced scallions for serving
- Heat a Dutch oven (or other heavy 5-quart pot) over medium heat. Add ground meat. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapenos and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Stir in Matty’s BBQ, canned tomatoes and ½ cup water or broth. Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until flavors meld, 30 minutes.
- Add squash to the chili. Continue cooking until the squash is very tender, and chili is thick, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve chili with a drizzle Cilantro Lime Ranch and your favorite toppings.