Easy BBQ Chili
Looking for an awesome recipe for game day?! We got you covered with this delicious and versatile chili. Big bonus, it's Whole30 compliant. If you are still working through re-introduction, top it with whichever food group you need! Legumes? Try black beans! Dairy? Add some cheese! You get the idea!
2 pounds ground beef, bison, or dark meat turkey
2 medium onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 fresh jalapeno chiles, ribs and seeds removed for less heat, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 bottle Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ
1 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes in puree
1 small butternut squash, diced (4 cups)
Tessemae’s Cilantro Lime Ranch, fresh cilantro leaves, diced avocado, diced, bell pepper, and sliced scallions for serving
- Heat a Dutch oven (or other heavy 5-quart pot) over medium heat. Add ground meat. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and jalapenos and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Stir in Matty’s BBQ, canned tomatoes and ½ cup water or broth. Bring chili to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until flavors meld, 30 minutes.
- Add squash to the chili. Continue cooking until the squash is very tender, and chili is thick, about 30 minutes more.
- Serve chili with a drizzle Cilantro Lime Ranch and your favorite toppings.