Get your hands on the last fresh figs and make this pizza tonight! We topped Simple Mills crust with rich aged goat cheese, plus creamy fresh goat cheese for ultra indulgent flavor. The sweet fresh figs and our Balsamic are a match made in heaven!
Makes 4 8-inch Pizzas
What you need
2 pounds pizza dough *See Note
Olive oil, as needed
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
8 ounces goat’s milk gouda cheese, shredded
4 ounces fresh goat cheese
8 ripe, fresh figs
4 cups fresh arugula
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Balsamic
3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
What to do
- Heat your oven to 400F. Thinly slice 4 of the figs for the pizza. Quarter the other 4 down the center and save for the salad.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 pieces. Place the pieces on an oiled large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil; roll around to coat. One at a time, pull and stretch each piece until it is thin. Arrange the stretched dough on the baking sheet.
- Spread Slow Roasted Garlic over the dough. Top with the thinly sliced figs, shredded gouda and fresh goat cheese.
- Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 15 minutes.
- While the pizza bakes toss the quartered figs with arugula and balsamic. Top the warm pizzas with the prosciutto and the salad.
Note: We used Simple Mills pizza dough. For this recipe you will need 2 boxes, to make 4 personal pizzas. If using Simple Mills, follow instructions on box to make the crust, then proceed with step 3.