Garlic Roast Pork with Pumpkin Spiced Acorn Squash
This sheet pan roast is so much easier than you think! A quick brown in a skillet will make sure the fat cap on your pork loin is crisp and brown. Bonus? Your whole house will smell like pumpkin pie while this squash roasts.
What you need2 acorn squash
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Honey Poppyseed
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 boneless pork loin roast (about 2.5 pounds
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
2 tablespoons butter, optional
2 tablespoons coconut sugar, optional
What you do
- Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet, or cover with foil.
- Halve the acorn squash, scoop out the seeds. Rub insides with Honey Poppyseed, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange squash cut side down on the foil, placing 2 halves on each side with space in the middle of the pan for the pork. Roast the squash, about 15 minutes just to get the cooking started.
- Meanwhile, generously season the pork all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large heavy skillet over medium high. Brown pork on all sides, fat side down first. Remove pork to a plate.
- Remove squash from the oven and turn over so they are cut side up. Dot with butter and sprinkle with optional coconut sugar. Place the pork in the center of the pan. Spread Slow Roasted Garlic over top. Roast until center of pork registers 140 degrees, about 35 minutes. (Temp will rise while resting.)
- Remove pork to a cutting board and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving with the acorn squash.