Our Classic Greek is the perfect dressing to season this heart healthy bowl! Full of lean protein, delicious veggies, whole grains, and fresh goat cheese (which is lower in saturated fat than cow's milk cheese!) this one is a must try for dinner tonight!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 cup quinoa
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pound ground chicken
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup Tessemae's Organic Classic Greek Dressing
1 tablespoon dry oregano
4 mini cucumbers, sliced
2 cups baby arugula
1 avocado, sliced
½ cup peppadew peppers
½ cup olives
4 ounces fresh goat cheese
What you do
- Heat your oven to 425. Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the quinoa. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the quinoa is just tender, about 15 minutes. (There may still be some liquid on top.) Turn off the heat and let sit, covered for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, garlic, Greek dressing, and oregano. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mic gently to combine.
- Use a spring loaded ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon to form rounded balls of meat and arrange on a foil line baking sheet.
- Roast meatballs until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 165F about 20 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Divide quinoa, chicken meatballs, cucumber, avocado, peppers, olives, and goat cheese between 4 dishes. Drizzle Tessemae's Classic Greek dressing over each bowl and serve.