These easy fajitas are packed with flavor thanks to a quick spice rub and our spicy Habanero Ranch! Easy enough for a week night and even great as a make a head lunch!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
3 bell peppers, sliced into ½ inch strips
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch
1 small bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
Lettuce leaves or tortillas for serving, optional
What you do
- In a small bowl mix together all of the dry spices. Place the chicken in a dish or large plastic bag and add 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic, half of the spices, and season generously with salt and pepper. Let marinate, refrigerated, at least 15 minutes and up to one day.
- In a medium bowl, toss the onion and peppers with the remaining spice mix and 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium high. Add the peppers and onions and cook until charred and just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat skillet or grill pan again and cook the chicken thighs until opaque throughout, about 6 minutes per side. Thinly slice the chicken.
- Serve the chicken and veggies with cilantro, radishes, lime and plenty of Habanero Ranch.