This. All day long, this. Swap in and out any root veggies (parsnips, potatoes) or firm fruit (apples, figs) you have on hand and dinner (or lunch) is served.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
4 carrots, cut into 2-inch-long pieces
3 cups butternut squash cubes
2 pears, halved, cored and cut into ½-inch wedges
1/4 cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
½ cup Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch, plus additional for drizzling
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups cooked farro
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
4 tablespoons roasted pepitas
2 ounces crumbled goat cheese (optional)
What you do
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Place two rimmed baking sheets in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, butternut squash, pears, Lemon Garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove hot baking sheets from oven and divide veggie mixture between them, spreading in an even layer. Return baking sheets to oven and roast until well browned, about stirring and rotating baking sheets halfway through cook time.
- While veggies are roasting, toss shredded Brussels sprouts with Avocado Ranch.
- Remove veggies from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Divide Brussels sprouts, roasted veggies, farro, pecans, pepitas, and goat cheese between four bowls.