How about some fluffy white rice to go alongside this drool-worthy (and otherwise Whole30-compliant) Instant Pot Ropa Vieja dish?
Makes 6 servings
What you need
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Ranch Vinaigrette
2 onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons Tessemae's Slow Roasted Garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 flank steak (about 2 pounds), trimmed and cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces
1 cup pitted green olives, sliced
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
1 cup water
What you do
- Press “Saute” button on Instant Pot and increase heat to High. Add Ranch Vinaigrette to Instant Pot insert, then add in onions and peppers, stirring often, until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, cumin, oregano and ½ teaspoon salt and cook 1 more minute.
- Add flank steak to insert, cover and lock lid, then press the “Clear/Off” button before pressing “Manual” and hold down the “+“ button until time increases to 45 minutes high pressure.
- Once cooking has competed, allow pressure to come down naturally for 10 minutes, then release steam manually. Remove beef to a bowl and shred with two forks. Stir in olives and vinegar and set aside.
- Once insert has cooled, wash and return to Instant Pot. Add rinsed rice and water to insert, lock lid and set valve to “sealed”.
- Push the “Rice” button and use the “-” button to decrease cooking time to 5 minutes.
- Let the rice rest for 10 minutes after cooking has finished before releasing any remaining pressure and serve with beef.