We decided to practice more "Food Freedom Forever" mantras by making this amazing dish with Gilbert's Craft Sausages, that are made with all clean ingredients. Go ahead and go nuts with this one, everybody!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
2 small spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups broccoli florets
1 package (10 ounces) Gilbert’s Caprese Chicken sausages, cut into ½-inch slices on the diagonal
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Italian or Green Goddess, plus additional for drizzling
2 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
What you do
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Rub insides of squash with Lemon Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast until very tender, about 1 hour (test the tenderness with a paring knife; it should easily pierce the squash).
- Remove the squash and let cool until it’s easy to handle. Use a fork to scrape out the crosswise strands into a bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the Italian and gently stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring 1/3 cup water to a boil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli to pan, cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook until water evaporates. Remove broccoli to a bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the Italian to pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausage slices to pan and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir broccoli back into skillet and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons Italian.
- Divide spaghetti squash and sausage mixture between 4 bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan, if using. Drizzle with more Italian.