“Kitchen Sink” Creamy Ranch Egg Muffins
Keepin' Recipes Real with Christie Vetter
Hey busy mamas! Looking to save yourself time in the morning and set yourself and your family up for success? Look no further! This nutritious and delicious “Kitchen sink” egg muffin recipe is the perfect way to use up to extra veggies that you’ve got lying around. Follow my simple and flexible guide and you truly can’t go wrong!
A nutritionally balanced breakfast is vital to setting up you and your family for a productive, healthy, and happy day. Eggs are an excellent source of protein and nutrients, and when combined with veggies, meat, and Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch dressing, you can’t get much more of a balanced meal.
For the most nutrient dense and best-looking muffins, I highly recommend using pasture raised eggs. The yolks of these eggs are dense and deeply hued, indicating that the chicken who laid them ate a more nutritious natural diet, and that nutrition gets passed on to you. Crack a pasture raised egg next to a conventional egg and compare the yolks. I bet you will be very surprised by the difference in color.
Adding Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch Dressing to this recipe is key, because it keeps the muffins moist and therefore they store and heat up perfectly. I love having such a healthy delicious breakfast on hand that I can heat up in five minutes. As a busy mom of 3 little ones, I am big on finding quick meals that don’t compromise on nutrition.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serves: 4-6 (recipe yields 12 cooked muffins)
What you need:
1 muffin tin
12 muffin tin liners (I like OXO silicone reusable liners)
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic dressing
2 cups chopped veggies (I used 1 yellow pepper, 1 small yellow onion)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped greens (I used de-stemmed Lacinato or Dinosaur Kale)
6 oz chopped meat (I used pre-cooked and sliced ham)
10 large eggs
½ tablespoon sea salt
¼ cup of Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch
Sea salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Lemon Garlic dressing in a large skillet.
- Sauté chopped veggies (yellow pepper, small onion, and kale) until soft, around 7 minutes.
- While veggies are sautéing, use a grill brush to coat muffin tins or liners with olive oil to keep the muffins from sticking. I highly recommend OXO silicone muffin tin liners. Muffins don’t even think about sticking to them :)
- Add chopped meat to the veggie mix and season with sea salt and pepper. Cook until warm, around 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack 10 large eggs and add Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch dressing and ½ tablespoon of sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the veggie and meat mixture into each muffin tin liner. Then, pour enough of the egg mixture to cover the veggies and meat.
- Bake until cooked through, around 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Note: These muffins store well in the refrigerator, and heat up well. I place them on a baking sheet and heat for 5 minutes at 350F.