Keepin' Recipes Real with Christie Vetter
This tailgate favorite or easy dinner is sure to be a crowd pleaser! You can make this healthy recipe in an instant pot (my favorite method because it cooks so quickly!), or a slow cooker. The shredded BBQ chicken is delicious when served in your favorite roll, or equally tasty over a baked potato to make it Whole30 friendly! Fun tip: The shredded chicken is also delicious as leftovers the next day over a salad with one of our creamy ranch dressings.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (+10 minutes for pressure release)
Total time: 35 minutes
MAKE 4-6 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Diggy’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ
- 1 bag of slider rolls
- Hors d’oeuvre toothpicks
- 1 small jar of bread and butter pickle chips
WHAT YOU DO
- Place chicken, bone broth, salt, and pepper in an instant pot.
- Secure the lid, close the pressure valve, and cook on high for 20 minutes, until chicken easily pulls apart.
- Quick release the pressure (this takes about 10 extra minutes).
- Shred the chicken with two forks.
- Add 1 cup of Diggy’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ. Serve in your favorite slider roll, and garnish with a pickle and toothpick on top. Enjoy!
*Note: To make in a slow cooker, add chicken, broth, salt, and pepper, and cook on low until chicken pulls apart with a fork, around 8 hours.