Ahh, the simplicity of a burger. Just when you thought you'd done them to death, lamb burgers waltz through the door. And cauliflower rice transformed into tabbouleh? It's called "living your best life".
Makes 4 servings
What you need
¼ cup chopped parsley
¼ cup chopped mint
2 tablespoons chopped oregano
1 ½ teaspoons cumin
1 ½ teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon cardamom
zest of 1 lemon
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1 large red onion, chopped
1 pound cauliflower rice
4 baby cucumbers, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 pound ground lamb
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ghee or grass-fed butter
What you do
- Stir together parsley, mint, oregano, cumin, coriander, cardamom and lemon zest.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the Lemon Garlic in a large skillet, then cook onion until softened, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic to pan and then stir in parsley mixture; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove half of onion mixture from pan.
- Add 2 more tablespoons Lemon Garlic to pan and then stir in cauliflower rice; cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cucumbers and tomatoes. Wipe out skillet.
- Stir together remaining onion mixture and lamb. Form into 4 patties and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee or butter in pan over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until browned, about 4-5 minutes per side. Serve with tabbouleh.