Not sure if you've ever heard of a "breakfast salad" (Whole30-ers, we're looking at you), but this one has everything you could want, before noon or after. While you're at it, go ahead and add this into your regular weekend brunching routine.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
4 large eggs
6 slices thick cut bacon, cut crosswise into thin strips
¾ pound tiny potatoes, halved (or quartered if large)
¼ cup whole grain mustard
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garliccoarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups baby greens, such as arugula, baby romaine, and baby kale
2 cups mixed herb leaves, such as parsley, chives, and dill
What you do
- Carefully lower eggs into a medium saucepan of boiling water and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often until tender but not yet crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes to pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, potatoes, stirring often until tender, about 12-14 minutes; carefully drain fat.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in mustard and Lemon Garlic; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss together greens, herbs, and potato mixture in a serving bowl. Peel and halve eggs and serve over salad mixture.