All your dinner problems, solved. Remember those roasted veggies you set aside the other night? Here they are again, reincarnated as soup and an amazing sausage-y side salad. Just in time for when everyone needs some simple stuff to nibble on before the main event. You're welcome.
Makes 6 servings
What you need
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (preferably homemade)
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Balsamic
4 cups assorted roasted vegetables
2 cups chopped spinach
4 links cooked sausage, sliced diagonally
Salad greens, for serving
What you do
- Heat broth and 3 tablespoons balsamic in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until simmering. Add vegetables to pot and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully transfer soup to a blender in batches and puree until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in spinach; cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Balsamic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage slices until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle soup with pepitas (if desired) and serve sausages over salad.