Loaded fries don't have to be unhealthy! We swapped out traditional fried potatoes with sweet potatoes as the base, ground beef, and loads of nutritious veggies to give this dish plenty of flavor. These are a go to appetizer and sometimes dinner for our tesse tribe!
Makes 6 servings
What you need
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large onion, thinly sliced
¾ pound ground beef
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 romaine heart, shredded
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Creamy Ranch
What you do
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick planks, then cut planks into 1/2-inch spears (halve crosswise if too long).
- Divide potatoes in even layers between baking sheets and toss with 4 tablespoons Lemon Garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes more.
- While fries are baking, heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef to pan and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano to pan and stir to blend; cook 1 minutes. Stir ketchup into pan and cook 2minutes or until warmed through.
- Spread fries onto serving platter then top with beef mixture. Sprinkle tomatoes, lettuce and scallions over top, then drizzle with Creamy Ranch.