Print this recipe, then place it somewhere in plain sight. We made it super easy so everybody out there (Dads, we’re looking in your direction) can whip this up for mom on her special day. And get those kiddos to work too—they can stir together all the dry biscuit ingredients while everything else cooks. #Trust
Makes 4 sandwiches
What you need
8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half crosswise
1 cup almond flour
½ cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons chopped chives
1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce
What you do
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir together flours, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together coconut milk and mayonnaise in a separate bowl, then stir mayonnaise mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
- Drop dough by the ¼ cupful onto prepared sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 16 minutes. Let biscuits cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook eggs, stirring occasionally, until mostly set but still slightly runny. Stir in chives.
- To serve, top 4 biscuits with eggs, bacon and avocado slices. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired, and top each with another biscuit.