Welcome to Food Freedom, 2018, everybody! This umami-rich mushroom sauce tossed with a grain-free Cappellos pasta. We defy you to not put this in your "keeper" file.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
3 medium carrots, chopped
3 celery ribs, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, white, and shiitake)
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Balsamic
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
18 ounces grain-free fettuccine (we like Cappello’s)
What you do
- Place porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with just enough hot water to cover; let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine carrots, celery and onion in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped; set aside.
- Pulse mushrooms in food processor until finely chopped; set aside.
- Heat Balsamic and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot mixture and salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain porcini mushrooms and chop; add to pot along with mixed mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, until mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth to pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and basil.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fettucine according to package directions, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with mushroom sauce, adding pasta water as needed to loosen sauce.