In the market for a new way to crisp-ify your chicken breasts? Look no further—pepitas (aka pumpkin seeds) to the rescue! This crunchy coating also works great on chicken thighs and pork chops.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 cup pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Green Goddess OR Zesty Ranch
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ pounds green beans, trimmed
3 shallots, peeled and cut into wedges
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Dijon Mustard
1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts or chicken cutlets
½ teaspoon cumin
4 tablespoons ghee or neutral oil, for frying
lemon wedges, for serving
What you do
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon Green Goddess and salt and pepper. Roast pumpkin seeds 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees. Divide green beans and shallot between two rimmed baking sheets and toss each with 1 tablespoon Green Goddess, salt and pepper. Roast 16 minutes, stirring and rotating sheet pans halfway through cook time.
- While green beans are roasting. Stir together mayonnaise and mustard in a bowl. Add chicken pieces to bowl with mayonnaise mixture and stir until well coated.
- Place cooled pepitas and cumin in a large resealable bag; press out all excess air, then seal bag. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently crush seeds until they are coarsely crushed; transfer crushed seeds to a baking dish.
- Transfer chicken pieces one by one to the vessel with the seeds, turning each to coat until each is evenly coated in seeds, pressing them to adhere. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet with ghee or oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces to pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Serve chicken with green beans.